Optima V2 pistols in stock!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put one on BO to see what happens. I recently bought the older version pistol from a member on here, but would like the V2 in camo to match my Optima. Beggars can’t be choosers when they do become available.

I just put one on BO to see what happens. I recently bought the older version pistol from a member on here, but would like the V2 in camo to match my Optima. Beggars can’t be choosers when they do become available.
Part of the reason for my inquiry was that if they do not make another run of them in the near future, I would sell mine. It’s an unfired camo model that I purchased about three years ago. If they come out with another run in the near future I won’t worry about mine. My interest is to get reacquainted with my TC Scout pistol.

If I do sell it, I would most likely post it on this forum. Lots of good people here. I would not be interested in the GB gouging. I would hope that whoever might buy it would be buying it for themself and not to list on GB.

I don't think CVA is going to make the camo version again. That listing on Muzzle-loaders.com has been there for years iirc. btw, if you do get a V2 I might be interested in buying your older one if you want to sell it.

I assume this means there is no hope for new calibers or gauges being offered any time soon or not so soon. Probably does not matter, all my available funds will be going for gasoline.

Try giving Muzzle-Loading a call. Somebody actually answered a call from me once, unlike most online vendors.

I called customer service and actually spoke to a live person. Kind of shocked me. He stated that they have an allocation of around 300 scheduled to arrive in April possibly May. Very few backorders have been placed, so if you're looking to get one now would be the time to put a backorder in.

If not more calibers, than what?
For me a better grip. I've heated and bent a new attachment bolt. Now I'm carving a two-piece wood grip, similar to the one on an unmentionable named the shockwave, for short range point
shooting.

A detachable muzzlebrake like that on my Traditions Buckhunter Pro would be nice too.

I put a Hogue large grip sleeve over the grip of mine(AR adapter grip) it's not perfect but definitely better.
Last time CVA offered camo stock set for the optima pistol was 3-4 years ago. I don't think they're going to offer them again. But there are so many ways to get a good camo finished setup. I have some leftover Gun Skin pieces that I will put on mine soon.

Back