Were Early knight MK 85's stainless or steel with a silver finish

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
MK 85 barrel.jpgSo, it may be a stupid question but I am looking at a 54cal, laminate MK85 for sale. The picture is a close up showing nicks and scratches particularly in the lower right hand corner of the image. The gun looks to be in good overall condition but something about the barrel makes me think it is a lacquered silver finish as apposed to SS. Does one of you with tons of Knight knowledge know if this is possibly something to come out of the factory?

Unscrew the hammer asy from the action and see it the threads are silver as well. It it were painted for some reason, doubt there would any on the threads there. If they are silver, then I would be leaning towards it being stainless. Your photo looks to be stainless. I've never seen any nickel plating that looked like that. I could be wrong though

Ditto, stainless or blued. No other options from factory. And their stainless is top quality, unlike many other companies.

I have a ding on one of my SS MK's and it looks sorta like your picture. It is darker than the non-dinged area.

Back