Barnes T-EZ Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb fastcat

Reaction score
I just purchased a new t/c endeavor and I have been trying to decide on what bullets to shoot. I realize that every gun is different. Just looking for a bullet to start off my experimenting with. I have been doing alot of research on different bullets and the performance and accuracy of the barnes tmz bullets seems seems to draw great reviews with the only common drawback that people complain of is that you need to be on steroids to load them. I did some checking on the barnes website and they list a polymer tipped flat based bullet called the T-EZ that is supposed to be easier loading. I was thinking of trying these in 250 grain. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these bullet sabot combinations. I know blackhorn 209 is the latest craze but I will be trying the 777 50 grain pellets with the 777 primers designed for 777. I was wondering if the accuracy is still good with these bullets and are they really easier to load than original TMZ bullets. I will be using the muzzleloader for whitetail hunting with shooting ranges from real close and out to probably 200 yards maximum.

If you were going to use Blackhorn powder, I believe you would have an easier time loading the Barnes. The Blackhorn does leave a fouling in the bore, but it is not as hard and does not seem to build up near the breech plug like Triple 7 does ( do a site search with key word "crud ring" to see what I mean).

I realize that blackhorn would be a cleaner burning powder but I have a whole box of 777 pellets to shoot up. I will more than likely switch to blackhorn after I use up my 777 pellets. I was looking for information on the performance, accuracy, and ease of loading of the T-EZ bullets compared to the T-MZ bullets more than anything.

I'm shooting the 290 gr.T-EZ Barnes in my ProHunter. Very good accuracy with 120 gr. T7 - pellets or loose powder. I want to try Blackhorn 209 soon.

Well i can not say anything about the T-EZ bullets .But i have tried the TMZ Barnes bullets.First i tried the Yellow sabots,they shot great,but boy they were something else to load in my Knight 50cal disc rifle.Then i switch over to the same TMZ bullets but the EZ Load Blue sabots market via Knight but made via Barnes for Knight.They loaded much easyier and had the same POI at 100 yards as the Yellow Sabots did.I am planing on trying the Barnes T-EZ bullets.But i got to run out of what i have on hand first before i buy any.
PS; all the TMZ i have shot were the 250 Grain ones

Ive been shooting 95g BH209 with 250g SW or SST with a HSB sabot in the Endeavor with Outstanding accuracy out to 200yds. Ive tried the 250/290gr Tmz but they did not shoot as good as the above load for me. I would like to try that TEZ in a HSB sabot, but few places have them in stock.

I tested 300g XTP's, 270g Remington PT's, and 290g Barnes T-EZ's in my Remington Genesis over 100g of BH209. The T-EZ's shot the best for me and they are the bullet I am going to stick with. I'm going to test them in the future with some Harvester black CR sabots to see how they shoot. They loaded fine for me. Not too hard at all.

Latest posts

Back