Blackhorn 209 available - NOW!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new guy here that has never used BH209. Been shooting my TC cap locks with open sights for the past ten years after shelving my Rem 700ML. While I will still hunt open (fiber optic) sights, if I end up in Idaho again, my eyes have finally caused me to switch to a scoped ML. I'm sending the Rem 700ML bolt to Badger for a 209 re-do and exploring the use of BH209. I am curious as to the shelf life. When I find it I will probably stock up generously and was curious as to how long it will last when kept in a cool moisture free environment?

It's in stock here at SW, I've been buying 2 jugs a day. One online and one in store. Even though they tell me one per person/day.
There's 14 left on the shelf, was 16 yesterday. Probably be 12 left tomorrow after I go pick up my next 2. Maybe I'm the only one around shooting this stuff.

Edit 01/21- Seems like I'm the only one buying it here. So I guess I'll buy it up @ 2 a day. Unless I run out of money.

Last edited:
new guy here that has never used BH209. Been shooting my TC cap locks with open sights for the past ten years after shelving my Rem 700ML. While I will still hunt open (fiber optic) sights, if I end up in Idaho again, my eyes have finally caused me to switch to a scoped ML. I'm sending the Rem 700ML bolt to Badger for a 209 re-do and exploring the use of BH209. I am curious as to the shelf life. When I find it I will probably stock up generously and was curious as to how long it will last when kept in a cool moisture free environment?
Let me preface this with acknowledgement that I'm cursed with severe analitis. When I can stock up, which is rare these daze, I use my vacuum sealer..

Back