Cost of Blackhorn!!!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people that produce Blackhorn 209 know it's better than any black powder sub and they will continue to charge more for it until people stop using it. I bought a Savage ML II in 2008 and have never shot anything else since. There are several places that convert Remington, Savage, CVA and the Encore guns to smokeless muzzleloaders. The smokeless guns shoot faster, flatter, farther than any gun using Blackhorn powder. The price of smokeless powder is about $30.to $40 cheaper and you get a pound in the bottle, not 8 oz. They can stick that Blackhorn where the sun don't shine. "Once you go smokeless you don't go black!!"

This is something that most all manufacturers do. Overpackageing gives more eye appeal. Most people when buying don't think about that.
Agreed. And most people think the super sized items of the same product are a better value, when most times they're not. My wife will ask me why I didn't buy the mega sized laundry detergent, instead opting for the regular bottle. I tell her to do the math per ounce 🤣

I quit smoking . Been smokeless for awhile now. Let's see....
$80 for 8oz or $45 for 1lb....
Glad I did a 45-70 conversion. With smokeless, you can beat BH209 in just about every way, price and etc.

I have a bunch of smokeless guns I can use
Like a 220 Swift for instance or 35 Whelen
there I go name dropping again

Saw this on Tuesday! Im going back to T7 when my 209 is gone

Attachments

• 9BE27345-B19D-44E4-8E48-FD12899BB9EA.jpeg
    9BE27345-B19D-44E4-8E48-FD12899BB9EA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back