CVA Leaked the new Paramount Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
140 grain Blackhorn load does not make a rifle shoot better . I'm done worrying about shooting max loads . Friendship has lowered powder charges and if anything scores have gone up . More powder definitley does not improve accuracy.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
140 grain Blackhorn load does not make a rifle shoot better . I'm done worrying about shooting max loads . Friendship has lowered powder charges and if anything scores have gone up . More powder definitley does not improve accuracy.

This is true, beyond the point of no returns for each individual rifle. Ignition type, rifling twist rate, bullet weight/diameter/length, powder volume, barrel length to name a few, are all factors.

I've seen rifles and particular bullets that just prefer maximum loads such as 120 grains by VOLUME of Blackhorn 209. Some prefer 110 grains by VOLUME over 80, 90, 100 grain VOLUME loads. 110 or 120 grains by VOLUME is certainly more powder than 80, 90, and 100.

With that said,140 grains by VOLUME does not necessarily by itself make a rifle shoot any worse either, if all else is optimum for the powder charge and bullet.

My tip-up example above is shooting a 250 gr FTX at 2300ish FPS, out of the 1:24 twist, while one of my shorter barreled bolt rifles is shooting the same bullets at the same accuracy at 2150ish FPS out of the 1:16 twist.

So, I guess it's possible that they have everything optimized for the 140 grain by volume charge and their 280 grain bore rider bullet? We don't know the other variables at this point such as caliber and rifling twist rate to name a couple.

I guess at this point, all we can do is wait and see. I guess it's possible this teaser was posted to recruit the eyes and ears of people that might want to shoot these rifles in competition down the road? They get a couple dedicated guys like you and Jeff behind the trigger, and voila. Build it, and they will come!

As much as I'd love to get another bolt gun, I'd have to wait a couple years if this one gets released just to let the demand settle down and the initial pricing come down some. This wait would also allow any real issues come to light and either get resolved or the model yanked. I'm a hunter so the first thing that I'd like to see changed is the option for a hunting stock, not the one shown with the adjustable cheek piece.

Im hoping my next muzzleloader purchase will be a 45 cal 1-20 knight ultra-lite.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Someone yanked the pages off Facebook and Instagram. Maybe they are adding to, or they already got the reaction they were looking for?

Might have been leaked by someone that was overstepping their boundaries? Might be a marketing ploy to create some buzz?

Build it CVA! Also, convince Bergara to chamber the B-14 Hunter in .450 Bushmaster. Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa deerhunters will love you for it.

herschel conyers said:
Im hoping my next muzzleloader purchase will be a 45 cal 1-20 knight ultra-lite.

Add barrel and bolt nitride treatment barrel and bolt and I am in too.

Cattledog said:
herschel conyers said:

Add barrel and bolt nitride treatment barrel and bolt and I am in too.

Like this!!!

Nitrate_Knights.jpg

I want the green/black combination - late July they should get to Knight

You guys are a little off topic, aren't you?

Surprised it took so long.

1874sharpsshooter said:
Busta said:
You guys are a little off topic, aren't you?

Surprised it took so long.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not to far off topic. Topic was CVA leaking the new gun coming out so it appears a leak sprang up in regards to another new gun coming ..., this one a Knight .

A leak is a leak is a leak . A gun is a gun is a gun ... ok I stretched the last part quite a bit :mrgreen:

I see CVA took down the videos on Facebook and Instagram sometime between Friday evening and Saturday morning. MUZZLE-LOADERS posted a press release on their site Saturday afternoon at 4:32 PM. Still haven't said if it is indeed a fast twist .45 cal or not.

"CVA Announces NEW Paramount Muzzleloader
Jun 30, 2015 4:32:48 PM By Muzzle-Loaders.com
CVA Accura Paramount Bolt-Action Rifle

CVA Announces New Paramount Bolt-Action Muzzleloader
PRESS RELEASE
Bolt-action muzzleloaders are back in the CVA lineup! The NEW CVA Paramount bolt-action, long range muzzleloader is capable of shooting out past 300 yards, with incredible accuracy and reliability.

The stock design is based on the Bergara HMR hybrid-chassis stock, which is a custom design, made by Bergara. The adjustable comb and length of pull ensure that this gun will fit just about any shooter. The gun features a Nitride-treated Bergara barrel, adjustable trigger, and VariFlame rifle primer adapter to ignite up to 140 grains of Blackhorn 209.

VariFlame ignition is a proprietary ignition that allows you to use a Large Rifle Primer to ignite the black powder. With an unprecedented 140-grain Blackhorn 209 charge or 168-grain standard powder charge, this marks the first CVA muzzleloader to handle a magnum load beyond 150 grains of standard black powder.

Alongside the new Paramount muzzleloader, PowerBelt is releasing the new PowerBelt Paramount Bullet. The all-new 280-grain PowerBelt Paramount bullet leaves the muzzle at 2250fps and with a 200 yard zero, the Paramount bullet will only drop 17 inches at 300 yards. The heavier bullet will maintain a flatter trajectory at longer ranges and will be capable of taking down deer and elk sized game.

For more information on the new CVA Paramount Bolt-Action muzzleloader, keep checking back at Muzzle-Loaders.com for new product updates throughout 2018!"

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/articles ... announced/

I would be willing to bet a fast twist .45. The way it’s described anyway only a .45 makes sense to me .

1874sharpsshooter said:
Busta said:
Anybody else notice the year on that press release date and time stamp? 2015??? Typo?

"Jun 30, 2015 4:32:48 PM"

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/articles ... announced/
They Need a proof reader :)

We actually purposely used a much earlier date so to not put the article at the top of our list at this time. Since there is still a lot of information coming about this, we wanted to release the info we have for those who are looking for it but keep it out of the eyes of the masses until all of the information is released.

There were a few comments about a fast twist .45, and I think that's a safe guess, but there is nothing to confirm this at this time.

When we have more confirmed details, we will be sure to update everyone here.

Found one more piece of the puzzle in this Google search teaser. Definitely a .45 caliber. Just need the twist rate? It appears that the page is currently being updated, as the link says page not found. Time for that update muzzle-loader!

"CVA® Paramount Muzzleloader | .45 Cal Rifle | Muzzle-Loaders.com
Muzzle-Loaders.com › ... › Optima

The CVA™ Paramount Muzzleloader is the latest long range rifle from CVA. The Paramount Muzzleloader comes in a .45 caliber ..."

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-para ... 100sm.html

Found another piece of the puzzle that must be a work in progress as well. HMR Stock with 30" stainless nitride treated barrel, and manufacturers part #, PR4100SM. Is this going to be an "antique" muzzleloader like the Knights, or is it going to be a 4473 "firearm" like the Remington Ultimate?

"CVA® Paramount Muzzleloader | .45 Cal Rifle | Muzzle-Loaders.com
Muzzle-Loaders.com › list › category

CVA® Paramount™ Muzzleloader Rifle - Nitride Treated Bergara Barrel in .45 Cal - PR4100SM - HMR Stock w/ 30" Stainless Nitride Treated Barrel. Best Prices ..."

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/review/p ... ategory/9/

muzzle-loader.com sure took that down fast BUT...not fast enough for Google cache to miss it.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... irefox-b-1

$598.00
PR4100SM

The CVA™ Paramount Muzzleloader is the latest long range rifle from CVA. The Paramount Muzzleloader comes in a .45 caliber bolt-action that is capable of handling up to 200 grains of black powder. The rifle features the patented VariFlame™ rifle primer adapter that allows for hotter burn rates and increased accuracy.

The CVA Paramount™ Muzzleloader features Bergara's Nitride-treated 416 stainless steel barrel. These Bergara™ Barrels receive a proprietary honing process at the barrel manufacturing facility in Bergara, Spain. The rifle also sports a Bergara™ Premier action, featuring a nonrotating gas shield, coned bolt nose, and sliding plate extractor. This action is designed as a two-lug system that features a separate floating bolt head to ensure contact with the lug abutments in the action. The rifles bolt shroud and bolt stop are fully Nitrided for extreme durability, as well as its self-lubricating properties. 
The bolt handle is finished in Nitride for the utmost protection. 
The Paramount Muzzleloader Rifle features a TriggerTech™ Frictionless Release Technology trigger and two-position safety, that is built-in to the trigger assembly.

The CVA Paramount Muzzleloader is equipped with a 30” Nitride treated stainless steel barrel, the Paramount Rifle is set up to be a long-range precision muzzleloader and is quite easy to maneuver in the tree stand or in tight spots and comfortable to carry in the field. The Paramount comes standard with a Remington™ 700 scope mount and rail and CVA’s solid aluminum PalmSaver Ramrod. When compared to its competitors, the CVA™ Paramount Muzzleloader is a one-of-a-kind rifle that you won’t find anywhere else.

The CVA™ Paramount Rifle features a Nitride coated barrel, making it the closest thing to a “corrosion-proof” muzzleloader that has ever been developed. The Nitride finish technology, known as Salt Bath Nitride, is used to treat the barrel and offers exceptional wear resistance, unparalleled corrosion resistance in a scratch resistant, uniform black color. Already available in military applications, the nitride process hardens the outer layer of steel, making it both more durable and corrosion-resistant than chrome, which was previously the highest standard in bore-toughening techniques. Unlike exterior ceramic coatings, the nitride process penetrates both the inside and outside of the barrel and can withstand thousands of shots. Best of all, Nitride is self-lubricating, thus eliminating the need to add oil to your rifle for an increase in muzzleloader velocities and greater ease in reloading follow-up shots.

No FFL needed. Ships directly to your door it claims

Caliber .45 CALIBER MAGNUM
Fluted Barrel 30" STAINLESS STEEL NITRIDE
Twist Rate 1/28"
Bullet Guiding Muzzle YES
100% Ambidextrous Thumbhole Stock MATTE BLACK STOCK
QRBP - Quick Release Breech Plug YES
Solid Aluminum PalmSaver™ Ramrod YES
Reversible Hammer Spur YES
CrushZone® Recoil Pad YES
Overall Length 43" OAL
DuraSight® DEAD-ON™ One-Piece Scope Mount YES
7.65 lbs. Total Weight
Length of Pull 14" LOP
Lifetime Warranty YES

That is obviously not complete yet. They must have used an old template for another tip-up (break open) rifle?

They had me right up until the 1:28 twist. Hope that is a carry over from the previous template as well?

Note: The following would not belong on this bolt action rifle.

-100% Ambidextrous Thumbhole Stock MATTE BLACK STOCK

-QRBP - Quick Release Breech Plug

- Reversible Hammer Spur

-Overall Length 43" OAL

-DuraSight® DEAD-ON™ One-Piece Scope Mount

It said it has the HMR stock, Remington 700 base, and a bolt action with a 30" barrel is going to be much longer than 43" OAL. Hopefully it's not a 1:28 twist as well.

This is what the stock and receiver should look like. See link for pics.

http://www.bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_ ... _rifle.php

All they need to do is speed up the twist between 1:20 and 1:24, and they will be ready to play hardball with Knight!

Back