CVA Paramount Pro (custom killer?)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure which thread to post this my on going experiments with the Paramount, I posted the group's yesterday on another thread with the Parker b e 250 s and 84 grains by weight of blackhorn I'm going to put this other group it was shot with a 275 Parker b e in the morning before it warmed up my gun always throws the first shot out of the group whether it's a clean or fouled barrel the bullet that you see in the upper part of the group that's more singular by itself is that first bullet,I consider this to be very accurate at least accurate enough to hunt with I had the same results with the fury 250 but I'll say this in the afternoon it warmed up to almost 80° and the bullets were too loose my groups opened up to an inch and a quarter so they're still isn't the right bullet for this bore being made as far as I'm concerned, unless of course you want to shoot their bullets they push with it, I'm still very happy with the rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_145447885_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200216_145447885_HDR.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 16
I'm not sure which thread to post this my on going experiments with the Paramount, I posted the group's yesterday on another thread with the Parker b e 250 s and 84 grains by weight of blackhorn I'm going to put this other group it was shot with a 275 Parker b e in the morning before it warmed up my gun always throws the first shot out of the group whether it's a clean or fouled barrel the bullet that you see in the upper part of the group that's more singular by itself is that first bullet,I consider this to be very accurate at least accurate enough to hunt with I had the same results with the fury 250 but I'll say this in the afternoon it warmed up to almost 80° and the bullets were too loose my groups opened up to an inch and a quarter so they're still isn't the right bullet for this bore being made as far as I'm concerned, unless of course you want to shoot their bullets they push with it, I'm still very happy with the rifle.
I'd try the Fury 300gr bullets. The longer surface of the bullet may help. It will require a different die setting.

300 grain bullets are next on my list,,I'm of the opinion though today that either Parker or fury or Pittman needs to make a bullet specifically for the Paramount,,I think they need to be between a 452 and a 453 maybe even just a straight-up 4:53 so we can size , Mr Parker's ballistic extremes shotwell with the three knurled ridges but not quite good enough for me , there's going to be a lot of Paramount sold probably already have been a someone needs to step up and build some different bullets other than what power belt is trying to sell us specifically for this rifles bore,,there's enough of them that have been sold and that are going to sell to make that a profitable market

Hey mtnmonkey, thanks for another great post with your Paramount bullet testing. We have a designated Paramount thread for your post w/bullet testing data. It's up to 34-35 pages now. I'm not sure why one of the group admin's didn't direct you to the specific Paramount thread for your posts. I didn't see the target pics of the 250gr Parker BE's. I would like to see that group. Bob sized all my bullets to .4525. My paramount is currently loaded with the "Blue skirt space ships " I think you called them ELR's. So I haven't even tried loading any yet. I never thought about how a bullet that loads as it should on a 30* day and fall right down the barrel on a 80-90* day. I'm not gonna find any humor in any of that BS. I bought a lee press & a .452 sizing die. It looks like I need to return that BC it won't work for Paramount bullets. A portable adjustable sizing due is the ONLY way to go here. Kind regards

You're welcome and somebody might of referred me to that other thread I'm just a Cro-Magnon BC idiot, who loves muzzleloadingI will resend those group pictures on this thread when I get up in the office and have Wi-Fi,and you're sure welcome to private message me I'll give you my phone number and we can talk further if you would like,I had cool mornings and very warm afternoons again this weekend and again I struggled with my bullet tension, Mister Parker had knurled his 250 + 275 ballistic extremes for me also, they shot well but not one hole like I'm looking for and again I'm convinced just knurled ridges is not enough, I need bullets closer to 452.5 or even 4:53, Mister Parker's bullets did shoot better than the blue spaceships,, the weekend before that mr. Furies 452 did had more bearing surface did better but again that's the day he did my groups open up and I lost tension,I talked with fury bullets and I believe they're going to help me with that some I'll let you know further,,, this group at the top of the target is a 275 ballistic extreme in the morning,, groups opened up to an inch and a quarter later in the day 80 degrees then

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_145447885_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200216_145447885_HDR.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 4
This was a 250 Parker ballistic extreme the two single bullets bottom left side or cold clean bore the other seven shots you see

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_170810159_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200214_170810159_HDR.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12
WOW! Thanks for posting this link. What a killer price on the Paramount there. Thats BY FAR the best price for one that I've heard of anywhere. I paid 852.00 delivered a few months ago. I thought that was fantastic compared to what I've seen some other ( what now look like seriously greedy price gouging mofo's ) have been charging for it - over 1100.00 to as high as 1245.00 for the exact same gun/kit. I guess tho it's to be expected to some degree that the price drop a lil due to the " New & Improved Pro " is now out in 2020. I truly hope the link & awesome price helps the next guy that a Paramount fits his bill. Kind regards

Latest posts

Back