CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so. But i think they have to see better demand for it in the LR first. And i just bet it's not a hot seller.

That's just it, I think they would see much more demand if they put the barrels on the Accura MR and the Accura PR. Those rifles fit me so much better than the goose neck stock on the Accura V2 LR.

I leaned on them pretty hard back in April when I talked to them at the NRA Show in Indy. It isn't any harder to put the barrels on the MR & PR, but it will be harder keeping them in stock, IMO.

Went to the range today with the Muzzleloader and an AR15 Bushmaster 450. The AR is a tac driver usually, but today was heavy wind Right to Left 25-30 with 45MPH gusts and it was lackluster. Broke out the Paramount and it shocked me how good it was. Pushing bullets about 2 inches left of point of aim at 100 yards and going in the same hole 3 times. Out of all my guns its definitely the most accurate, and now I have the confidence for at least 100yard shots in heavy wind. Last deer hunting trip 4 bullets 4 deer. I'm using 140G BH with the 209 breech plug and the ELR bullet. I did try backing the breech plug out just a smidge from all the way tight which is how I was running it. It DID help seal better. Whoever gave that advice earlier, Thanks.

Excellent report on the 209 primer ignition, and how I'd be running one if it works. Seems like it does!

Just prime and shoot. No fiddling around loading primers into modules, cleaning modules, reloading modules, and repeating. Just load, shoot, discard, enjoy!

That's just it, I think they would see much more demand if they put the barrels on the Accura MR and the Accura PR. Those rifles fit me so much better than the goose neck stock on the Accura V2 LR.
I agree, i had that same stock on an optima elite and its just not comfortable. My new LR has the thumbhole stock and it's so much better. But the the PR stock is also a good fit. I will continue to tell them to make the MR in 45.

Ok guys, here is something to take us in a totally different direction in this thread. We have discussed upgrades on ignition/bolt, stock, barrel threading/brakes etc. Anyone want to chime in on why the Paramount has an extended length tactical bolt handle? When I was hunting this year I had trouble with it catching on my jacket and opening the bolt. (Happened about every 20 min or so) Anyone have a quick fix for something like that? I typically prefer the short Remington style bolt handle on a carry/hunting rifle for this reason. Its my understanding that the purpose of the tactical bolt handle is to improve efforts to cycle the bolt when firing repeated shots. So whats the point on the Paramount? Because they thought it would "look cool"?

Luke, any plans to design a fix for that? I would send my bolt in ASAP. Otherwise I'm considering a hack saw approach...

I will have to check to see if the bolt handle/knob is threaded/removable. I want to say the factory knob was brazed on permanent but I am not certain. I will check later, unless someone already knows.

The HMR tactical knob on the CFs is threaded on. Not sure how they locked it in place. Probably just some thread locker. Might need a bit of heat to remove it. Maybe even just a heat gun or hair dryer.

These guys sell an adapter for more common threading too
Metric M6 bolt handle adapter $10.00
http://lumleyarms.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=84
m6%20adapter-500x500.jpg

Looks like any bolt knob that will fit a Bergara or a CZ 457 are threaded M6x1, so at least there are a couple of options.

yeah I remember that used an adapter on my wife's rifle a while back. Hers had a weird thread.

Excellent report on the 209 primer ignition, and how I'd be running one if it works. Seems like it does!

Just prime and shoot. No fiddling around loading primers into modules, cleaning modules, reloading modules, and repeating. Just load, shoot, discard, enjoy!
That makes a lot more sense for the 209 plug to me , especially for $20 !!! If you gotta back out either plug the permatex thread sealant w/ptfe is also a damn good idea , regardless if its supposed to be front or rear sealing . Maybe even an o-- ring would do the job to seal those threads up if rear sealing IDK . Either way its best to cover those bases NOW before ya got a pig going on !!!

Last edited:
I ran across some 2019 Paramount's a few days ago for $779, but can't find the same link today. I thought it was Muzzle-Loaders, but they are $949 today.

I did find some for $807, and CVA has them for $800 with free shipping. Not sure if you can use the military discount or any other discount on top of that price or not, but I doubt it. I think the discounts are for regular priced items only? No you can't, just checked.

https://cva.com/influencer-discounts/

The 2020 models will be threaded for a optional self timing CVA muzzle brake. They are also going to offer a Pro model that has several upgrades such as 1.5# lighter Greyboe Terrain stock, fully adjustable through the trigger guard Trigger-Tech Trigger, and a bronze CeraKote finish.

I'd be happy to see them just drop the barreled action in one of the lighter Bergara Ridge Stocks, and drop the price a little for the difference in cost. Then I might bite!

I don't need the Grayboe stock, Trigger-Tech trigger, the bronze CeraKote, or the increase in price for the Pro.

That makes a lot more sense for the 209 plug to me , especially for $20 !!! If you gotta back out either plug the permatex thread sealant w/ptfe is also a damn good idea , regardless if its supposed to be front or rear sealing . Maybe even an o-- ring would do the job to seal those threads up if rear sealing IDK . Either way its best to cover those bases NOW before ya got a pig going on !!!
I just been using grease on the threads. No leakage there. Backing it out helps. I still get a tiny bit of blowby on some at the primer, on followup shots but its not effecting accuracy that I can tell. Its a very minor amount.

I ran across a pretty good picture of the new brake yesterday. I hear it's going to be around $90ish. No need to remove for loading or cleaning. Pull patches out through the first port.

81433393_10220399023506931_5567747271820312576_n.jpg

Well fellerz, I woke up 1hr late to go huntin this morn. Then paid for eatin like a horse yesterday & spent just short of another hr on the can. Exhausted & abit pissed at myself, so I decided to make my mornin life's blood ( double large Starbucks ) & get medicated ( MMJ Patient ). I grabbed the Paramount & brought it with me & my beer mug fulla Starbucks to the fam rm to see what's on the boob tube. I was sittin there in the leather recliner maybe 30min I caught movement th the back corner of the woods & field. Two young bucks ( siblings I figure ) came walkin out into the field. I hopped up, got the glass door open & as stealth as I could. Then dropped to a knee, threw the paramount on the railing & they started to take off. They were @130yds so I put the crosshairs center body & at the front edge of the chest lead & squeezed off a shot. I hit the larger of the two ( a young 6pt. A bit far back maybe 4" before rib cage ends. It dropped right there mid stride slam down. Ive dressed him out ( while still in my camo PJ's w/flannel shirt ) . I will post pics when I get time. I just wanted to share another great Paramount deer Schwackin story with y'all . I got coffee to finish then get the tractor & go git 2 work on this meet. It was mid 40's here in fl this morn. But it is fl. It's gonna be mid 70's atleast today. No hangin n curin yer deer down here. I left the gut pile in the field, hopefully I will get to put the paramount to work on some coyotes later on. L8R

This is a customized rifle they'll be testing with the brake. C&H Precision Weapons in Georgia makes the brake. It requires a funnel and a longer ramrod. Manners stock with the Gen II integral B block and bottom metal. It’s glassed into the stock so it doesn’t come out.

Paramount testing rifle.jpg

Back