Got a new .45 Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowbender6

Reaction score
Couldn?t resist ? at the deer show in Lansing last week. Never had a knight before but always wanted to try one of the Green Mountain Barrels and Timmeny triggers. I think this will be my 23 year old daughters gun. NEW -.45 Knight Disc Extreme SS fluted barrel, Leupold mounts, Alum hard case, 3-9 Tasco (I think I?ll upgrade later) $295 for all. Trigger breaks at 3lbs 6oz and I thinks it is adjustable, looking forward to more shooting. The 200 shockwave was .8 ? @ 90 yards and 2181 FPS. Can?t wait to test at 170 yards with a better scope. I think I will put a Swift premier 4-12 from a Kodiak that I have. If the 200 SST gets befed up like they say this should be a great combo.
This was with CCI 209M primers - no blowback or hanfire with BH209
knight4587.jpg

Great shooting! The .45 knights are really nice rifles... try the 195 Barnes also,,, you can push these as hard as you want and they will still hold together through bone.

bowbender6 said:
Couldn?t resist ? at the deer show in Lansing last week. Never had a knight before but always wanted to try one of the Green Mountain Barrels and Timmeny triggers. I think this will be my 23 year old daughters gun. NEW -.45 Knight Disc Extreme SS fluted barrel, Leupold mounts, Alum hard case, 3-9 Tasco (I think I?ll upgrade later) $295 for all. Trigger breaks at 3lbs 6oz and I thinks it is adjustable, looking forward to more shooting. The 200 shockwave was .8 ? @ 90 yards and 2181 FPS. Can?t wait to test at 170 yards with a better scope. I think I will put a Swift premier 4-12 from a Kodiak that I have. If the 200 SST gets befed up like they say this should be a great combo.
knight4587.jpg

bowbender6,

I saw those at the show too. What day were you there? I was there on Sunday. You got a heck of a deal. I thought about asking what would their price be without the scope/mounts/rings on thos .45's, but I still have a NIB .45 cal SS Knight Disc Elite that I bought for $199 and haven't shot yet. :oops: But I do have a new Leupold Ultimate Slam scope mounted in Leupold QR rings waiting for a good day to shoot. Was going to do some shooting today but a snow squall put the kabash to that idea. They had a few blued ones too I see.

He said -$50 without the scope, But I thought I could put the scope on something else. The scope looks clear for the price but the adjustments are nots accurate. I was there on Sunday

I got over 150 of the .45 Knight Red Hot 175 and 195 to try. Do they open up on deer? they have just a little hole in the front. I think I can push them Up around 2300 -2400 if they will shoot well.

Congrats on your daughter's new rifle. I bought my daughter a SS disc elite in 45 cal and scoped it with a Bushnell Elite 4200.

Knight's customer service is second to none. You can send your trigger back to them and have it adjusted for free and they pay the shipping. They will set it to break at non less than 2.5lbs, remove the creep and over travel. Turn around time is about a week.

I can attest to the quality of the Knight triggers. I adjusted the one in my Extreme myself, and was surprised at the quality of the unit. I have been working on all manner of triggers for the last 30 years, and these are NICE! Easy to adjust if you have any background in triggers, and the break is clean and crisp. I have worked on triggers from Remington, Savage, Hart, Tikka, and Winchester. The Knight rifles are every bit as good in the trigger dept. These Knight .45s are sweet little guns. I don't know how long I can avoid buying one. You got yourself a nice rifle,Grizz.

Busta and Bowbender6

We need to get together at one of the show sometime. I spend a lot of time in Lansing. I retired from Olds. I live near Greenville. My oldest daughter lives in Mason.

Dave

I agree, that would be a great way to meet. I walked the show on Sunday as well and it never dawned on me that other MM members would be there. I know there is a bunch of us from Michigan on this site! Crowd was quite a bit smaller, Michigan depression was obvious to the vendors too!

Tim,

I got just the scope you need for your daughters new gun :wink:

Nice shooting by the way.

Chris

Back