Looking for Info

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forget to mention, load the wad(s) FIRMLY on the powder, before you load the bullet. Then seat the bullet firmly on the wad(s). Same pressure each time. You can't hurt the powder or wad(s), but you could deform the pure lead bullets if you get to aggressive with the wrong jag/loading tip.

I forget to mention, load the wad(s) FIRMLY on the powder, before you load the bullet. Then seat the bullet firmly on the wad(s). Same pressure each time. You can't hurt the powder or wad(s), but you could deform the pure lead bullets if you get to aggressive with the wrong jag/loading tip.
Thank you1
I always make sure my loading tip matches my bullets . I also use a tool called a "Powder Packer" that puts 75lb of pressure on the blackhorn load . I guess 70 to 80 is optimumal. Works beautiful to tigbten my groups . Lol.....you can call me " mr. gaget" if you like !!! Lol !!! But honestly many dont know to compress blackhorn ,thank you

Last edited:
.45-70 killed buffalo. I've used 70 g Pyrodex in .45 sidehammer and inline for years with good success on deer, 5 to 150 yards.

Back