New CVA “Paramount” Long Range Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTGrad

Reaction score
Has anyone been to CVA’s website and seen the new .45 caliber Paramount muzzleloader? Supposed to be able to handle large powder charges like the Rem 700 ml and have 300 yard capability. It fires by large rifle primers va 209 primers. Check it out. Expensive though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I might have to have one of those. I know real well I would use it a Friendship. Looks better than a Knight

It may function better than a stock Knight with a stock breech plug . (more user friendly ?) Maybe ? Time will tell . As far as accuracy. I can not see how it will be any more accurate than a Knight. Most top shelf guns have top shelf barrels . They pretty much will all shoot . Some guns the fit and feel may be more appealing to a particular person . Accuracy (mostly) comes from the nut behind the butt .

Just my opionion others may differ

Also standard with the PARAMOUNT is CVA’s VariFlame® Breech Plug, which uses the hotter and more consistent Large Rifle Primer rather than the 209 Shot Shell Primer.

An accessory pack including PowerBelt ELR bullets, VariFlame primer casings, loading tool for VariFlame® casings, collapsible loading rod, cleaning/range rod, and a Quake® CLAW® sling comes standard with every PARAMOUNT rifle.

PARAMOUNT Nitride/Green - .45 Cal. 26" Barrel
Price: $1062.95
SKU: PR3501N

Paramount.jpg

Dougs136Schwartz said:
It may function better than a stock Knight with a stock breech plug . (more user friendly ?) Maybe ? Time will tell . As far as accuracy. I can not see how it will be any more accurate than a Knight. Most top shelf guns have top shelf barrels . They pretty much will all shoot . Some guns the fit and feel may be more appealing to a particular person . Accuracy (mostly) comes from the nut behind the butt .

Just my opionion others may differ

Something different which creates better Comp. Maybe if enough interest , more manufactures will be interested and then a true Manufactures match again. Just thinking Doug

I hope to see some. I think it looks like a very nice gun. As far as that goes I welcome all makes . The ignition system i see no advantage .

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I hope to see some. I think it looks like a very nice gun. As far as that goes I welcome all makes . The ignition system i see no advantage .
It has my attention, too. I agree that the ignition system doesn't offer any real advantage. I have a Rem 700ml converted for smokeless use that uses an ASG 209 breech plug. Using Federal 209 primers, it is hot enough that it has never failed to fire using smokeless rifle powder. Igniting BH209 with a well designed breech plug and hot 209 primer is not a problem.

I have a little of everything . ASG 209 ,Hankins Large rifle,Knights 209 ect... The Hankins system I gain a little velocity over my 209 guns but as far as accuracy I can see no difference. I like the looks of the CVA stock.

Good for cva for upping there game as of late, I don’t own any at this time, they were not very good early on from what I remember, I would like to try an Accura mr some day . Lots of choices these days which is a good thing

Another big question is exactly how big is the bore? Is it closer to .458 or a .450? This will make a difference on sizing third party bullets. It also will probably not be possible to get a barrel drop for a full form die.

They are learning, couldn’t agree more..

Attachments

• F298A19C-D088-4BC4-8E05-61FC1B885710.jpeg
    F298A19C-D088-4BC4-8E05-61FC1B885710.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 215
I wonder if this Paramount Rifle will have their Guided Muzzle? (QLA) I cannot make myself trust a Muzzle like that. I am a Full bore Lead Guy :yeah: No need for ANY form of a QLA Muzzle

Latest posts

Back