New SML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
Here is my first SML. Its a TC Encore 45-70 conversion done by Slufoot over on Doug's Forum. First class work here. The barrel is a TC Custom Shop which was ported, Slufoot cut and recrowned at 26". The BP is a Savage from PR headspaced on a WW 209. Total weight as pictured is 7.5lbs. This is going to be a great carry gun and can't wait to get it to the range when it warms a bit. 7 deg. out side this AM.

Attachments

• P1000251 (800x600).jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 1,230
Does he do this with std encore or green mtn barrels?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Very nice Tom :yeah: I know the cold feeling, but cheer up Spring will be here soon!

Very nice! that's going to be a joy to carry in the woods!

guitarpicva said:
Does he do this with std encore or green mtn barrels?

He dose these conversions with Bergara TC barrels and TC barrels as well as H&R 45-70's. His workmanship is first rate and very reasonable. At the time I had to supply the BP as he did not have any Savage BP's. They seem to be in short supply right now. PR makes their own Savage plug and it looks like a very nice one although pricey @ $60.00 and that dose not include a vent liner. PM him from Doug's Forum, very nice guy.

Thx....we just bought land so I doubt I will be getting a new barrel any time soon...but now I have 86 private acres to hunt. Tradeoffs!

sweet! Ive been thinking about doing another smokeless build myself. does anyone here use a false muzzle? I would like to incorporate that into the next. you say he cut and recrowned.. that little bit cut off is just the ticket. Or does it take a chunk gun size barrel to handle the alignment pins neccesary? I just like the idea of custom sizing to the barrel lands and grooves on site while loading.

Wow... talk about pulling up an old post. Slufoot quit doing conversions a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back