Northern precision bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seams on the Northern precision bullet are perfect I'm sorry if I seem excited I'm just freaking out,,, this bullet is beautiful that's bad when you fall in love with a bullet isn't it I confess I'm messed up! Slept with a rifle a couple of nights maybe sleeping with a bullet.

All right I wanted to foul a clean barrel before I shoot that really fancy 400 grain sharp point I decided to go to the 400 grain spire lead points , shooting 84 grains by weight of blackhorn bottom shot in the group is clean bore , next shot that's out of the group is a second shot and the last three are a little bit less than 3/4 of an inch if I was looking for an elk bullet and I had a 18 or 20 twist I would sure try this it's not going to be nice to a elk shoulder ,,the 400 grain performed Ron's bullet test real well this lead tip just had a little bit sharper profile on it it's basically the same bullet I shot the 400 grain blunt tip he had smokeless that did very well too. I am shooting a woolworld with this load again The recoil with the muzzle brake is not bad at all. Will be shooting the sharp point 400 grain the next day or two let everybody know how it does too I consider this bullet shot today and excellent hunting bullet very accurate!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_182520882.jpg
    IMG_20220726_182520882.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
I don't know if many 400 grain bullets out there jacketed that work in muzzleloaders for 45 Cal ,,I consider this a gem to those looking to hunt elk or moose or bigger boned animals,, if I was hunting big bone whitetail 250 lb Plus I would give this bullet a try too. Rifle is a begara 700 clone I'm shooting hankins plug and module rifle barrel is a 18 twist Brux.

I finally got to shoot the 400 grain sharp point bullets that i have been so nuts about the wait was killing me, I had six bullets again the load was 84 grains by weight of blackhorn my jag did not fit the bullet very well it's wore out and had a ring in the inside it was catching on the lead just a little bit on the very first bullet I seated,, because of that issue none of these loads were shot with much compression at all very very little I just snugged the bullet up on the wool wad,, I pulled the third shot if you look at the other five to me I see so much potential I'm very excited when this load gets more compression on it and tweak the charge just slightly it's going to shoot a hole,,, if I hunted elk and mule deer I would get an 18 twist Brux barrel Patriot from Woodman arms spend some time with this 400 grain bullet from northern precision,, also he has a couple of other 400 grain jacketed bullets out of an 18 twist barrel they're shooting excellent for me oh and one other thing I would recommend a muzzle brake! Shot this load in a 14 lb bergara Remington clone target rifle but with a muzzle brake it would be manageable in a walking rifle. A 400 grain bullet that has the potential to shoot less than half inch I'm very excited about this!!! This particular barrel will shoot Northern precisions 270 grain sharp point in the hole and it will shoot this 400 grain bullet quite well versatility!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_174046740.jpg
    IMG_20220727_174046740.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The six prototype 400 sharp points I shot yesterday where a work of bullet art,, it's just a good opportunity for other muzzleloaders I think to have the ear of a bullet maker especially during this time, I'm looking for heavy long distance bullets but also very interested in a big bullet that's going to perform on game I think this bullet and the ones were fixing to be shooting are going to work great!!

Is he able to make any of those pinpoints bonded? I see that he has some bonded bullets but tough to determine exactly what they are. I’m looking for a high BC bonded bullet in the 300+ gr range for elk.

The 270 pinpoint I know he makes a bonded version without the point it's shot very well,, the 350 LED tip and 400 lead tip I'm not sure if he can Bond those or not you would have to ask him,, the 400 grain bullet that you saw me post yesterday with the sharp point it's not bonded I don't think I really can't imagine an elk walking away from being shot with that though,, ask him if he has the ability to bond that bullet also you might go back and look at Ron's test of the 400 grain lead tip that he did it had an excellent mushroom I don't think it was bonded but if you look at that test it performed very well it sure look like an elk bullet to me now the 400 pinpoint that I shot yesterday that has the lead section right below the point I'm convinced is an excellent elk bullet,, call him and tell him what you're looking for

Back