THOR Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
I've been looking at them. I'm guessing lead bullets are going away in every state pretty soon. The EPA passed some new regs just a couple of days ago. Lead anything will become a lot more costly to produce under these new regs.

Are solid copper bullets the bullets of the future?

The ruling involves airborne lead particles. Aren't PowerBelts mostly copper coated lead? Still have to pay for the lead. How would that ruling help PowerBelts?

Copper makes the bullets look purdy! Just cant stand the smell that it leaves on your hands, gives me a headache for some reason. Irony smell.

Batchief909 said:
I'll take the pure lead conicals without the copper,,,thank you.... 8)

Me too, but that probably won't be our choice to make. As goes the People's Republic of Kalifornia, so goes the nation. With The Jefferson's Moving on Up to PA Ave., it's only gonna get worse.

nobama2008.jpg

Hopefully states with "all lead bullet" restrictions will make some changes in the near future. I can see no reason for keeping copper coated lead bullets such as powerbelts, FPB's and Thor's (solid copper) out.

Well plumbers use to use lead for the flux on piping year and years ago. Now could the same flux they use today have the properties that we want as a substitute for bullets?

FG wrote:
"Bring it on son, i'll put them up against what ever 60lb whitetail you hunt in your parts."
I think you know about as much about Minnesota Whitetails as you know about bullets. You see the further north you get, the bigger the deer are.
You might have some success with the powerbelts but there are plenty that don't. I shot a large doe with one two years ago. It did die but it was a long tracking job with little blood trail due to the bullets failure and I was only using 80 grains of 777 2f. And, I aint your son, remember that.
Art

We might be able to melt and use our fake silver dollars for alloy. Probably much too hard. Be cheaper than a Powerbelt, cheaper than FPBs (with shipping), and certainly cheaper than those Thor boolitz. :D

Heck, i have plans on using one of the big 405s on a buffalo as soon as i have the funds for the hunt :lol:

Swampman

Trying to get back to the point a bit... the lead ban does have me a bit concerned also.... Washington (the State of) recently did bring in some legislation about banning lead also, but most of the hurtful portion for hunters was re-written. But when you get a crack in the door - it is opening.... There was also a conference on this in Boise, Idaho not long ago. It is not going to go away.... easily

I can see a lot of "do gooder" groups that have a lot of power in states because the are organized and very persistent will continue to push and bring this forward...

Then they will complain when they hit a elk with a Corvette or their kid watches a yearling die in there yard in the winter when there isn't any food for the herds.

Latest posts

Back