THOR Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When its a tc crap stock and poorly done QLA, thats a straight up fact.

TX, why would i run off over some crap talkers who only go from post to post to talk crap to me over what i shoot or what my shoes look like? If they cant handle the fact that i enjoy what i shoot and love to help others that need help, than ooooh friggin well. I dont see them posting other than to talk crap and sway the topic off target, exactly like this one and MANY others.

My point exactly. You can take it as well as dish it out. However, everyone who posts here regularly comes to realize that you are very obviously biased in favor of powerbelts. And that is OK since that is what floats your boat and your website. However, some of us have moved on beyond powerbelts and like what we have found in the new waters. So for those that use powerbelts, listen to FG because he does know his stuff! However, he shot a handful of Hornady FPB's and pretty much trashed them as I recall. On the other hand, I spent a good bit of time experimenting with them and found them to be very accurate and deadly! I would personally never go back to powerbelts even though I have some good friends that still use them. To each his own.

And back on topic: The new Thor may be even better than the FPB's. Can't wait for some reports!

Honestly i did not like the FPB due to how hard they loaded. They held up great but theres no way i would have been able to load that second shot in november with cold numb hands. Thats one downfall to the hard alloy they are made out of

I'll try them again, i dont give up on something that easily, but this time i will use my optima.

Also going to try the Thor bullets as chap posted some pics and i like what i see.

And I will be the first to admit that FPB's are a challenge to start in my KRB, but after a learning curve, they are not that bad, and they were a breeze to load in my Omega.

I found shock waves a pain to load with the yellow tips. I also didn't have a starter ball......

I could deal with a hard to load second shot if it devastated the instead of the animal.

My immediate needs are something that expands on shots going into the animal and the accuracy. I don't really mind price or loading friendly because I expect the deer to gone when I fire and I expect it to be accurate and on it's mark...

I was loading fpb in a disc extreme today, felt like i needed an hammer for the first 4 then I figured them out. I saw the flakes of copper coming off the bullets.

hey tx, I was using my short started with out a jig and I pulled the tips right out of the first 2. :lol:

frontier gander said:
Hey when its a common problem with a product and someone asks about such and such, i tell them. That includes powerbelts too.

They may work for some people but the 3 deer I shot with in 15 minutes and never found a drop of blood or any of the 3 deer and all the shots were all 40 yards or less made me throw them away. I must have experianced the exploding powerbelt syndrome because they shot good in my gun and there is no way I missed all 3 deer. I dont remember what grain they were but they were around 250 I think? And they were the aero tip lead ones.

Used one of those a # of years ago with 120gr loose RS and a 146 yard shot. deer dropped in its tracked with an exit.

Like i said, if you guys dont believe me about a pure lead Hollow point bullet exploding when its driven to fast, go fine some in the same weight and HP and try that same charge.

Sabertooths also fragment at high FPS and close range shots.

prostreetcamaro said:
frontier gander said:
Hey when its a common problem with a product and someone asks about such and such, i tell them. That includes powerbelts too.

They may work for some people but the 3 deer I shot with in 15 minutes and never found a drop of blood or any of the 3 deer and all the shots were all 40 yards or less made me throw them away. I must have experianced the exploding powerbelt syndrome because they shot good in my gun and there is no way I missed all 3 deer. I dont remember what grain they were but they were around 250 I think? And they were the aero tip lead ones.

Were you using a Omega or something because there is no way in hell I could get 3 off in 15 minutes safely, let alone on target. I would be shaking too much...

Swampman said:
Batchief909 said:
I'll take the pure lead conicals without the copper,,,thank you.... 8)

Me too, but that probably won't be our choice to make. As goes the People's Republic of Kalifornia, so goes the nation. With The Jefferson's Moving on Up to PA Ave., it's only gonna get worse.

I moved from that stupid state 3 years ago (Kalifornia) .
I lived there 40 years :oops: and don't know how i ever survived .
They killed the logging industry by saying the spotted owl could not live without old growth forest . They stopped mountain lion hunting , they stopped bear hunting ( 1 year ) .
WE had a carp shoot at Folsom lake ( once ) , too many protesters showed up . SAVE THE CARP ????. Buy a gun , 15 day waiting period. Thank God i live in Northern Utah now . I can buy a gun and take right home pistol or long gun !!! :D I can hunt right behind my home and almost everyone hunts something .

This guy hit the nail on the head !!
http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/ ... w.html#new

and i bet the whole global warming( bull ) started in Kalifornia too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5O1HsT ... re=related

One more reason i hate Kalifornia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYawKVsuq_k

When its a tc crap stock and poorly done QLA, thats a straight up fact.

I'm talking about the weathershield "problem" you claimed to know about but refuse to give details on.

You do give lots of good info on things like the limitations of pb's but are just as quick or quicker to jump on someone not agreeing with you. Remember the cracked bp's? And you sometimes post rumors as fact like above - when you do, expect to be called on it as anyone should. If its not just an "I heard" rumor, post up the proof without being asked. When there are real problems, people want the complete true story and not just a rumor.

I post info to help only when 100% sure of my info - only been doing it 10 years or so and realize that I am still learning and many know far more than I. I learn a lot more by listening then by arguing with them.

Steve

i'd be more than happy to post the info if it were still available steve,but the forum it was on did a 6 month clean up. I have no reason to make stuff up.

The bent tc barrel i believe was on the high road along with some barrel finish posts. GBO may have had some issues with the finish pealing off too. Some of these are hard to find due to them being thrown into a large post. Kind of like the guy with the white where it took 2 primers to fire the load. That was thrown into a large topic.

Edit, THR was set for the last 45 days, i'll go through and see if i can find those posts. Even though the barrels were replaced.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=391704
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=377188

I can't believe you are still talking about the White. You were claiming over and over that it wouldn't fire the cap how it was a weak spring or a flattened nipple. The guy had a flash hole that was plugged. The cap never once failed to go off. I showed you that and you still stay with it. Is that what you call trying to help someone out???? Sorry I can't keep it zipped. Like my dad use to say "You make a tired man's a$$ ache".
Oh, and you never answered, Which forum is doing this 6 month cleanup?

You took that the wrong way flouder, i was using that as an example as some of the posts are odd ball and get thrown into topics that get piled with one topic and then goes to something else.

flounder said:
Oh, and you never answered, Which forum is doing this 6 month cleanup?

You must have over looked the EDIT that i typed up with the links to the issues. My settings were set on *The last 45 days*

I cleared out private data lastnight and it had reset the forum setting along with all of the passwords. :evil: hate trying to remeber all the passwords

ok I read it. It sure sounds like TC treated the guy right anyway. I imagine with all the guns they put out theres bound to be a problem once in a while. The test is how the customer service handles it and it sounds like they were more than fair.
Art

Latest posts

Back