THOR Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
off topic,

swampman, I have seen in number of forums where a powerbelt has taken a bull elk with about the same charge fg is using. even with stronger charges.

on topic,

thor bullets are based on barnes bullets all copper design. so they should be a great bullet for all medium to large game.

plus side, maybe powerbelt (made in the usa) will update there design and start a pricing to compete (with I can find cheaper then fpb in stores already).

fg you better get the copy writes for the mods you made. :lol:

I know that no one cares but I'll say it again.

If you dont like powerbelts,DONT USE THEM.
Also DONT BOTHER PEOPLE WHO DO.

Use what ever bullet you want for whatever reason you want,post your range report with YOUR reason why this bullet is the cats meow for YOU and have at it.

I think it's great that people have choices in bullets and can experiment and choose what they want.

Some of the powerbelt comments are good natured ribbing,all in fun.
Some are pure,look at me,I'm a big shot,i hate powebelts and I make smart ass comments to poeple who shoot them because I'm so cool.
It's like the folks who hate crossbows when they should be supporting their brothers who choose to use them.

Let it go and support your brothers regardless of what they shoot.
I understand FG's response,he get's F'd with so much about powerbets.
He is passionate about ML's and being the best he can be with them.

Thank goodness someone kept trying and working and changing their bullet design,that is how YOU got the bullet YOU CHOOSE to shoot today.
VIVA LE DIFFERANCE

Sorry for the rant I just get tired of it but like I said in the begining.
No one cares and that is ok too.

frontier gander said:
Nah. bullets that dont kill are the bullets of the future

where did fg say anything about powerbelts off his first post of this thread?

this was a topic about the new EPA ruling. started by you swampman. this really impacts every bullet mfg.

btw, what is this alloy hornady using? is it still lead based?

frontier gander said:
nobama2008.jpg
That target makes my gun itch to be fired. Lee

corey012778 said:
frontier gander said:
Nah. bullets that dont kill are the bullets of the future

where did fg say anything about powerbelts off his first post of this thread?

this was a topic about the new EPA ruling. started by you swampman. this really impacts every bullet mfg.

btw, what is this alloy hornady using? is it still lead based?

Hornady doesn't make solid copper bullets, but they do make excellent bullets. The THOR is a Barnes bullert I believe. It's solid copper.

I have talked to Terry of Thor Bullets and I have a 15 pack of 250 grain Ballistic tips on the way to try.
They are bore specific.
I told him I shoot an Encore I think he said I was getting the 506

Ok sorry everybody for hassling FG about the powerbelts. I too believe it is none of my business what he uses and if he is happy with them that's fine. But, let's remember the coin has two sides. He is the king of brand bashing if it something he doesn't have or use, even if he has never even tried it. But for my part I will keep it zipped.
Art

I support everyones right to shoot whatever they want and to post whatever way you want.
Not trying to start trouble,I just feel we should support each other you have a right to feel different.

My biggest concern is making a clean humane kill. Having an animal run off because the bullet didn't pass all the way through and there's no blood trail, is something all of us should try to avoid IMO.

I too believe it is none of my business what he uses and if he is happy with them that's fine. But, let's remember the coin has two sides. He is the king of brand bashing

Still waiting for the verification on the problems with TC's Weathershield.
Been at least a week.

Steve

Yup it has.... 8) :lol:

Saxman,,I admire your comaraderie,,,,but FG brings it all on himself, like Founder stated.

Hey when its a common problem with a product and someone asks about such and such, i tell them. That includes powerbelts too.

Batchief909 said:
Yup it has.... 8) :lol:

Saxman,,I admire your comaraderie,,,,but FG brings it all on himself, like Founder stated.

I will support ech and every one of my brothers the same way

Swampman said:
My biggest concern is making a clean humane kill. Having an animal run off because the bullet didn't pass all the way through and there's no blood trail, is something all of us should try to avoid IMO.

Mine too, that more important then having matching accessories or something. I dk, I haven't killed anything with a ML so I hope my shockwaves are forgiving lol...

flounder said:
Ok sorry everybody for hassling FG about the powerbelts. I too believe it is none of my business what he uses and if he is happy with them that's fine. But, let's remember the coin has two sides. He is the king of brand bashing if it something he doesn't have or use, even if he has never even tried it. But for my part I will keep it zipped.
Art

People have said a lot worse to FG and haven't run him off so I wouldn't worry about it. He is VERY opinionated (favorably) about powerbelts and you have to consider that with everything he says. Once you get past that, disagreeing with him won't bother you that much. I am always civil with everyone, but if I disagree with them, I am going to say so.

I am just glad I am not opinionated!!!

txhunter58 said:
flounder said:
Art

People have said a lot worse to FG and haven't run him off so I wouldn't worry about it. He is VERY opinionated (favorably) about powerbelts and you have to consider that with everything he says. Once you get past that, disagreeing with him won't bother you that much. I am always civil with everyone, but if I disagree with them, I am going to say so.

I am just glad I am not opinionated!!!

I respect that more then someone going with the flow... and I a lot of people like that too.

Hey when its a common problem with a product and someone asks about such and such, i tell them.

If its so "common a problem", it should be easy to produce some examples somewhere.

When you state you know of a problem and refuse to furnish a scrap of proof, you are simply spreading rumors for whatever reason.

And if anyone tried the same crap with cva or pb's, you would be all over them. If your gonna talk it then walk it.

Steve

Latest posts

Back