THOR Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile back on topic. I got an email from Thor bullets and he said that the only the 250 grain was less than an inch and that was only if you took out the plastic tip.

Oh well, guess I won't be buying any since the 300 is the smallest I would consider using for an elk in Colorado.

Darn, and I was hopeful, guess I will be staying with the FPB

I dont know, the 250gr barnes expander did excellent in the sand trap. I would use them if they were made into conicals.

I plan on ordering some of the Thor bullets to try out and see how well they do.

txhunter58

I was afeared of that... copper is so much lighter than lead the only way they can make the bullet weigh out is to make it longer.... I am sitting here looking a 300 grain Barnes... it is really long...

I hope mine will be here today
FG,I will put some of them in the mail to you for trap testing,be aware that from what I gathered from talking to Terry,these bullets are bore specific,He asked what gun I was shooting and sent the appropiate size.
Will you be using the Optima?

They came in today
Here is the literature included

Thotlit.jpg

Thotlit1.jpg

thorlit2-1.jpg

thanks scott! I look forward to trying them out. Shame we didnt find these a while back, i could have had my bro in law test them on mule deer this saturday.

Did they come with the plastic tips or as hollowpoints? If they came with tips, why does the label say no plastic? Seems like the tips would have to be some kind of plastic.

The tip feels like plastic. this box says 50 cal(.5025 DIA)
Do not use in bores larger than .503 so I was wrong on my other post's about the DIA

saxman1

The tip feels like plastic. this box says 50 cal(.5025 DIA)

Excellent you kinda had me worried a bit when you said you thought you were getting .506...

Bet they will work just fine for you... hope you get a chance to shoot them soon...

If the lead ban leaves California and comes this way they certainly could be a great alternative...

Swampman said:
Please don't shoot an elk with a Powerbelt.

Update Swampman- I'll be using a .54cal 224gr homecast round ball (Powerbelt lead) for my elk this year. My Bushnell Trophy scope that i had on my Optima went bad. The .54 is ready to rockNelk

Latest posts

Back