What other hobbies ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the question?

Oh yeah...besides huntin' & shootin' muzzleloaders?

Being a dad & grand dad, fishin', gardening, archery & reading.

Oh yeah...grilling what my daughter & I shoot! Does that count?

Hobbies, who has time for hobbies with five kids! Baseball, softball, and summer camp seem to be my summer hobbies. Maybe someday I will have time. Oh I cant wait!!

:D Have been shooting M/L's for appox 37 years, do abit of home repairs,yard work,home gardening, fishing and a LOT of R/C flying,also reload pistol and rifle shells. Of course I am retired so I have time (some time) :(

Bowhunting deer and turkeys are my favorite pastimes. Spend lots of time on the archery range. Love to fish and spend time on the lake. Been a Ham Radio Operator (not active at this time) for more years than I care to remember.

dalberg said:
Hobbies, who has time for hobbies with five kids! Baseball, softball, and summer camp seem to be my summer hobbies. Maybe someday I will have time. Oh I cant wait!!

Them kids grow up way toooo fast .
My boys and i have done a ton of flyfishing , camping and hunting over the years . :D My youngest is now 19 and just left for a two year mission for our church . He has only been gone three weeks and this old man is already feeling kinda lost . Times goes by so fast !!

black powder said:
i like to walk in the bush after hunting season and take pic's of the wild life. i do a bit of gamming on my PC ..also i ride my HARLEY for the
'rush" going down country roads in the morning ..i am 64 years old and still in good shape ,thanks to my mountain bike ..also take my grand children fishing ,and sit back and enjoy life ..

Nothing better than taking you grand-kids fishing .
My daughter and son-inlaw lived on Kodiak Island for a while and we went there for two week . I took one of my grandsons out and helped him hook a salmon on his snoopy pole . :D

Alaskarobs032.jpg

also he landed his first fish on a fly rod , a Dolly Vardon .

adjusteddallin.jpg

I'm probably a little wierd for this group.

Mountain bike and cyclo-cross riding
Fly fishing
Muzzleloading
Camping
Modern firearms target shooting and reloading
Motocross racing ( I might be done with this one)
Motorcycle touring

No particular order or favorites, and yes, family always comes first!

I gave up my bikes in 1981 when i got engaged , i was too crazy and new if i continued i would probably not be around long . When i look back on how i use to ride , i wounder what i was thinking . 100 mph + on winding mountain roads !! :roll: As a teenager i guess i though i was indestructible . :oops: :roll: :?: That was back in the day when they did not have bikes like you guys have. I had a honda 750 supersport , heavy and wide .

Family
Church Life
Muzzleloaders
Bow Hunting
Reloading
Fishing
Gleaning (Metal Detecting)
Mushroom Hunting (Morels)

Starting Soon :D 8) :

Air Rifle Hunting

Hunting, fishing (Steel Head), reloading pistol and rifle, shooting (anything) Build a muzzleloader every 10 years or so, Dirt Bikes trail riding (KTM 525), ATV's, camping, bullet casting (MZ and CF Pistol), Archery, Fly Tying, Digital Photography (amature), Big Game Hunting, small game hunting, turkey hunting, bow fishing is fun, I'm tired now, need a nap.

Nice Aprilia Mille. I ride a red Tuono. More fun than ought to be legal!!! I love fishing, bowhunting, and archery league. Of course there are other tasks such as family and work. There aren't enough hours in a day.
Doohan said:
I loved my motorcycles... but those days are gone.. :cry:

MID-O_2001.jpg

Mille.jpg

Thanks, I traded my 916 for it "back in the day" ... I'd love to have my Duc back. :cry:

I LOVE to muzzleload hunt big whitetails and spend the scouting time w/maps and GPS to aid my success.

I also like to fish, hunt squirrels, turkey hunt and metal detect for coins.
My metal detecting used to be a real passion, but time limitations lately have limited that.
Since I am now a grandpa, I greatly enjoy my visits w/my grandaughter and love watching her grow up.

Also enjoy working on my home doing upgrades and remodeling.

I do have to focus also on placing God first above all else of course.

Hobbies

Hunt Elk, Deer, Antelope, Ducks, Geese, Pheasants, Turkey, Coyotes, Pdogs.

In the off season I shoot Archery, pistol and rifle target shooting, reloading, weight lifting and getting in shape for Elk season, training my Chesapeake Bay Retriever, ATV riding, mountain biking, and traveling with my wife.

Latest posts

Back