What other hobbies ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Write Poetry
Watch Romantic Movies
Long Walks on the Beach

Wait...Wrong forum!

Hunt
Watch Hunting on TV
Read about Hunting
Plant/Maintain Foodplots
Check trail Cams
Work with farmers to gain hunting spots
Shoot Muzzleloader and Bow
Dream about Hunting
Explain to wife thai I am not spending too much time thinking about hunting

Duck huntin, deer, elk, pdogs and various other small game, backpacking, bow building, flint knapping, woodworking, muzzle loaders, fishing, (Isn"t all the above just consider 1 hobby?) Oh yea, I forgot making homebrews.

MuleyQuest said:
Duck huntin, deer, elk, pdogs and various other small game, backpacking, bow building, flint knapping, woodworking, muzzle loaders, fishing, (Isn"t all the above just consider 1 hobby?) Oh yea, I forgot making homebrews.

Do you build long bows ??

I use to shoot traditional bows ( recurves ) but had to give it up because of a bad case of target Panic . Fought it for 20 years , just was not fun anymore . My last bow was a Wes Wallace recurve . I made my own bow quivers .

DSCN0029.jpg

rewsized2.jpg

Resized.jpg

resiedquiver.jpg

One of my favorite photos , My son Cody on Thunder Mountain at sunset .

Cody3resized.jpg

what oter hobbies

Utah Rob
Beautifl Recrve, nice lookin bow quiver & fantasic phot of your son. Loved them all. Thanks for sharing
My first whitetail was taken with a Redwing Hunter recurve, and Homemade Microflight fiberglas arrows in October 1974.
Redbird2

Reloading shotshells and centerfire
Cowboy Action Shooting
Travel
Fishin'
Archery
Trap shooting on occasion
Keeping my wife on her toes :lol:

Mostly it's all about hunting whitetails and turkeys though. Time on the range bores me to tears, I see it as a means to an end. I admire you guys that see it as a pastime in itself.

My first whitetail was taken with a Redwing Hunter recurve, and Homemade Microflight fiberglas arrows in October 1974.

Fantastic Art, I still have my early `70's 47# Redwing Hunter - and somewhere out in the garage are about a half dozen of those old HEAVY fiberglass arrows - kinda like baby fence posts. :lol:

What other hobbies.

Thanks for the reply ,,Semisane. That Red Wing Hunter came from the deep south, either Florida or Texas, if I remember right. I live only 41 miles from the old Fred Bear plant in Grayling, MI and pass it every time I drive to my cabin. Istill imagine him stalking deer near the Jackpine & cedar swamps only 4 or 5 miles from that old factory. He hunted all over the world but his ghost will walk those fields and forests for at least the rest of MY life. I shooda bought one of them Bear bows, but I liked the Red Wing hunter better at the time. At least those old Micfolflite fibreglas arrows wore a BEAR razorhead!!!!!.
Keep yer powder dry & yer broadheads sharp,eh???
Best wishes.

Redbird2

Target archery (3D and spots) is my main hobby, muzzleloading is a 2nd to archery. I also bowl alot.

Re: what oter hobbies

art sehnke said:
Utah Rob
Beautifl Recrve, nice lookin bow quiver & fantasic phot of your son. Loved them all. Thanks for sharing
Redbird2

My first bow was also a Redwing Hunter also back in around 1972-74 .
It was way tooo short for my draw length , i am 6 , 6''. I still love the look of traditional bows . I also had a bow built for me by the late Jim Brackenbury , who Wes Wallace worked for until Jim drowned in a white water accident . If not for the lousy target panic i would be still hunting with traditional bows . But i am enjoying muzzle-loaders .

Underclocked said:
That is a gorgeous bow! Made me go look at his website. :shock: :)

Wes Wallace makes some of the best looking and shooting bows around . :D

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Another photo of my son (Cody) looking down on Long Gultch lake in theTrintiy Alps of Northern California .

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

and one more on Thunder Mountain .

Cody2Resized.jpg

UtahRob said:
Underclocked said:

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Another photo of my son (Cody) looking down on Long Gultch lake in theTrintiy Alps of Northern California .

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

Cody2Resized.jpg

Rob,

I could stare at those photos all day! Great scenery!!!

Doohan said:
UtahRob said:
Underclocked said:

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

Cody2Resized.jpg

Rob,

I could stare at those photos all day! Great scenery!!!

Thanks !!

Northern California has some very beautiful country , just could not stand all the crime and crazy people , so we moved to n. Utah . WE have some beautiful country here also and and the hunting and fishing within 15-30 minutes of our home .These are all taken near our home .

cutler4.jpg

1.jpg

jpeg.jpg

Bestbensondarkerjpg11.jpg

1bestrainbow.jpg

backlittrees.jpg

1jpeg.jpg

What other hobbies.

Utah Rob:
Thanks again for sharing those fantastic photos. They kinda made my day . You can't be an amatuer photographer?????I especially liked the photo with the rainbow ending in the old abandoned building. Thanks again....they are GREAT!!!!

Redbird2

Re: What other hobbies.

art sehnke said:
Utah Rob:
Thanks again for sharing those fantastic photos. They kinda made my day . You can't be an amatuer photographer?????I especially liked the photo with the rainbow ending in the old abandoned building. Thanks again....they are GREAT!!!!

Redbird2

Thank you very much !!

The rainbow photo will be hard to ever duplicate . There was a double rainbow near my home but i could not find a interesting subject to put in the foreground so i drove 20 miles west of Cache Valley Utah to the old house that i have photographed before , When i got there the rainbow was also there was dead center in the middle . I have sold the rainbow photo and the photo below of the old house to a gallery in S. California . This photo was taken with a polarizing filter at sunset . NO PHOTOSHOP Post processing , just a little sharpness added.

oldhousesunset2.jpg

This was taken minutes latter from the inside of the old house facing out the door . I have all these printed in 16x24 or 20x30 on Canvas on the walls in our home. I started doing photography again after i moved to N.Utah 3 years ago .. I had stopped for over 25 years .

smugmugdoorshot.jpg

The bad thing about large prints is the cost of frames . :shock: $$$$$$
This frame has over 12' of wood at $9.00 a foot , the the glass was 80.00 and matting 40.00 . The print was the cheap part. Way cheaper to have a photo printed on canvas .
IMG_0054_RT8.jpg

computers
console gaming
sword collecting
casting

other then that shooting is about it

Hey Utah Rob,

I wish my self bows came out half as good as your pictures. They are really awesome. I hope you continue to show us some of your photography.

Latest posts

Back