Winter boredom

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
Winter boredom has officially set in. Having some shoulder issues addressed so I can't shoot and haven't worked. Killed some time oiling my Knights. Did the TC traditional rifles yesterday. How do you pass the time? Might try a 22 lr. and find a few rabbits next week.

20210221_141751.jpg

Winter boredom has officially set in. Having some shoulder issues addressed so I can't shoot and haven't worked. Killed some time oiling my Knights. Did the TC traditional rifles yesterday. How do you pass the time? Might try a 22 lr. and find a few rabbits next week.

View attachment 13346
Gt a Kibler kit ,it will make the time pass quik and a bonus ! You can learn to master flints instead of caps!/Ed

Not sure i trust myself to build something. With the recent lack of components, I've been looking at flintlock more.

Are there any hunting or fishing opportunities at this time of year?

Not sure i trust myself to build something. With the recent lack of components, I've been looking at flintlock more.
Every thing you need Kibler supplys, You tube is your friend (YUK) but true in this case , Mine is a 45 cal SMR (southern mountain rifle with excellent walnut (up graded) will show photos later . Graceful/delicate and a pleasure to handle and will kill stuff till you limit out or run out of balls ! The best part is you can get it all quik and advice is a phone call away ,Jim or his wife Cathy will answer .His customer sevice and product is amazing ,again check out youtube for his vidios, all instructions are simple (even I could do it and all parts are 1st rate . Last winter my days went fast and the squirrels been hating the current months (when open )Ed

Every thing you need Kibler supplys, You tube is your friend (YUK) but true in this case , Mine is a 45 cal SMR (southern mountain rifle with excellent walnut (up graded) will show photos later . Graceful/delicate and a pleasure to handle and will kill stuff till you limit out or run out of balls ! The best part is you can get it all quik and advice is a phone call away ,Jim or his wife Cathy will answer .His customer sevice and product is amazing ,again check out youtube for his vidios, all instructions are simple (even I could do it and all parts are 1st rate . Last winter my days went fast and the squirrels been hating the current months (when open )Ed

What is actually required in the kiblers in putting them together?

What is actually required in the kiblers in putting them together?
Other than your choice of finish it is all there , for you I don"t know if you get youtube but if you search Kibler his site provides every thing you want to know and shows his builds /shop and how to . Pretty much a put it togeather with your wants . Jim splains it better ,go look ,every one who has is coming back for more (pocket permitting) Ed

Rabbits and grey squirrels through next week. Not sure on fishing, never done much of if it in winter.

Wouldn't mind a kit, maybe something cheaper for the first time.

Cant beat a kibler, I did a .36 SMR. Went together perfect, with just enough simple work that it made me feel like I had accomplished something. Extremely accurate, and the best sparking lock I have ever fired. It was one of the most enjoyable projects I have done. Unfortunantly, your shoulder will likely be healed, and snow melted before you could get your order filled with their current backlog.

I have spent most of the last 10 winters helping to coach varsity girls basketball and younger kids for 10 years before that. I’ve gotten that out of my system and I’ve been ice fishing a good bit. Normally my only winter shooting is a primitive biathlon or two but they’ve been canceled this year.

I spent a day last week going through my CCW holsters.
Put preservative on the leather ones.
Labeled them as to which handguns would each holster.
Made some storage racks to hold and sort them.
Lubed speed loaders and maintenance on magazines.

Back