CVA Leaked the new Paramount Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but you always said yours was not production
Nope, it was everybody else said my rifle wasn't production. Never could figure that out, especially when another rifle was identical, yet had Remington attached to it and was considered production.

I guess my original point was, if the rifle is head spaced properly with a quality ignition system, it shouldn't leak.

Looking at that bolt head i have to wonder....Why are there 2 flat spots on the bolt head?....Could it be it unscrews from the bolt to make it easier to clean the inside of the bolt? Are those 2 flat spots so you can get a open end wrench on it? If the bolt head unscrews thats a simple conversion and back to stock wouldnt you think?

Looking at that bolt head i have to wonder....Why are there 2 flat spots on the bolt head?....Could it be it unscrews from the bolt to make it easier to clean the inside of the bolt? Are those 2 flat spots so you can get a open end wrench on it? If the bolt head unscrews thats a simple conversion and back to stock wouldnt you think?

My thoughts exactly. A bolt head conversion, a new breech plug, and either 209 primers or modules. Maybe both options? Whole new gun, done right.

Back to stock if ever needed!

I'm driving up to SHOT on Friday, so I will try to check one out.

Shouldn't be that hard to convert over to Gen2 LRMP system. Will be working on that ASAP.

Pretty bad when there's a puff of smoke coming out of the receiver in the promo video.

Not gonna lie im a little dissapointed . Did not think the vari prime system would work.

Im sure there will be fixes . Good stock and barrel just gonna have to have some smarter fellows than Cecil Ebbs fix the ignition system . I just cant believe they used his Cecils crap with his poor reputation.

If Luke can come up with a reasonably priced fix it will be a ton of rifle for the money. Thats assuming its as good as it looks on paper. A grand for a donor action that already has a nice stock might be really appealing to some people considering the vast amount of Rem700 upgrades that should fit. I might even consider selling off my Savage Pacnor if Luke is impressed by the Paramount. I would just be replacing one pig with another but it will be a prettier pig. :D

I'm driving up to SHOT on Friday, so I will try to check one out.

Shouldn't be that hard to convert over to Gen2 LRMP system. Will be working on that ASAP.

Pretty bad when there's a puff of smoke coming out of the receiver in the promo video.

I noticed in their video as they were talking about their self adjusting primer system that both the bolt & the plug were very carbon covered. Sad that they think it will go unnoticed. They had/have a chance to be the leader in the premium BH gun market.

Also I don't recall CVA ever having problems with qla's not being concentric to their bores. While I'd prefer it didn't have one that specifically wouldn't be the deal breaker.

If you're shooting true sabotless, I'm guessing the QLA won't really matter even if it isn't concentric.

Luke, did you get a chance to shoot it, or check it out?

Some new information I found.

This one is a must read, with never before published information about using the 209 primer instead of VariFlame.

“The Paramount was built around CVA’s VariFlame breech plug, which uses a hotter and more consistent large rifle primer rather than the 209 shotshell primer,” Schearer says. “With the VariFlame our extreme spreads in velocities suddenly went to single digits. This was huge for long-range accuracy. You can still use the standard 209 primer, if you wish, but to really access all theperformance of which this rifle is capable, and by that I mean range and consistent accuracy, we recommend using the largerifle primer.”

https://www.range365.com/cva-paramount-muzzleloader-rifle-review

Not yet, but I will try to check it out on Friday when I'm up at SHOT.

Luke, did you get a chance to shoot it, or check it out?

Some new information I found.

This one is a must read, with never before published information about using the 209 primer instead of VariFlame.

“The Paramount was built around CVA’s VariFlame breech plug, which uses a hotter and more consistent large rifle primer rather than the 209 shotshell primer,” Schearer says. “With the VariFlame our extreme spreads in velocities suddenly went to single digits. This was huge for long-range accuracy. You can still use the standard 209 primer, if you wish, but to really access all theperformance of which this rifle is capable, and by that I mean range and consistent accuracy, we recommend using the largerifle primer.”

https://www.range365.com/cva-paramount-muzzleloader-rifle-review
Nt much new about that we have done it for years , using 209 and 11 caps , black powder . I don't know about using Blackhorn

Nt much new about that we have done it for years , using 209 and 11 caps , black powder . I don't know about using Blackhorn

I guess you missed the part I marked with bold print. That was a quote from the link. Up until this point we were all under the impression this was set up for VariFlame only. I'm glad to hear they must have used the 209 sized VariFlame instead of the larger modules that would be bigger than a 209 primer.

This might not even be correct information, but I hope it is. I know how to seal a 209 primer in a breech plug. If it's only spring pressure in the bolt holding the primer in the plug, I can fix that too.

to tell you the truth i would like to try even black out of it

Latest posts

Back