Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd that Lot # 42 was Manufactured in January & is just Now being Distributed.
Might have been that they had to fill an order from federal/traditions first, for those firesticks? Or just the hassle of getting from Canada to the US, to Hodgdon, into packaging, to malwarts, to a store near no one (except Encore50a). Its got to be a logistics nightmare making sure it disappears for long enough to drive the price thru the roof, but not so long that everyone gives up on it entirely.
Or it could be that it shipped thru the USPS and sat in random warehouses for many months. :think:

Might have been that they had to fill an order from federal/traditions first, for those firesticks? Or just the hassle of getting from Canada to the US, to Hodgdon, into packaging, to malwarts, to a store near no one (except Encore50a). Its got to be a logistics nightmare making sure it disappears for long enough to drive the price thru the roof, but not so long that everyone gives up on it entirely.
Or it could be that it shipped thru the USPS and sat in random warehouses for many months. :think:
Got to check............ All kinds of it down below.

1657982358622.png

1657982406403.png

1657982507049.png

1657982564854.png

Nice.

I literally have 5 Walmart's within 30 mins of me. None carry BH209, most don't carry much ML stuff anymore at all.
Same here in N Fl there is 1 Wallymart in this town & one in the next town over - 45 min drive, neither carry any BH 209 or really anything muzzleloader related except for powerbelt bullets & cleaning stuff. That’s it!

I called 4 wal-mart store in a 30 mile radius and they all have 4-5 8oz containers in stock at $36.86.My brother bought him and I both 2 containers.We only shoot about 5-6 times a year,so we are good for awhile.And where we hunt,90 grains by volume will take anythjing that steps out.

We went to the Walmart in Paris, Texas this morning.
Two boxes of Powerbelts on the shelf, nothing else.
Why is it that one can walk in just about any Wallymart & they could not have one single thing gun or muzzleloader related in the store, but they’ll have a few diff packs of Powerbelt bullets.

Why is it that one can walk in just about any Wallymart & they could not have one single thing gun or muzzleloader related in the store, but they’ll have a few diff packs of Powerbelt bullets.
I think you could walk into any sporting goods store and they’d have a pack or 20 of PBs!

It lists it in stock at the Howell store but as of 12 hours ago they didn't have it. Maybe they intend to get some. I keep watching for it
I was at the Canton, Michigan store last Thursday and the South Haven, Mi store yesterday. No muzzleloader supplies in stock. However, the shelves are labeled with muzzleloader items so supplies should be on the shelf soon.

Thanks for that link Encore50A. My son-in-law and I checked 3 of the 4 marts in our area that listed it in stock and one did not have it in stock. The guy behind the counter appeared to know muzzleloading and said they had not received anything yet and usually didn't get anything until August time frame. The other two pretty much set us up for a while.
😈
Thanks again.
Glenn

I checked locally - 4-5 @ $52.00 each. Lima, OH, about an hour west, is $36.86. BUT, the diehard aficionado that I am, I DO have 12 lb on my shelf, mostly Wano. About half n half 2F and 3F, and plenty of primers, mostly CCI and home-made.

Edit - just found 6 lb of Scheutzen 2F, and a pound of Old Eynsford 3F - pays to keep looking!

Lucky guy, I am!

Last edited:
Sorry a little off topic but what is everyone using to clean 209 and if different swabbing between shots ?

Sorry a little off topic but what is everyone using to clean 209 and if different swabbing between shots ?
Generally I use the 50/50 mixture of 91% alcohol and Hoppe's for swabbing between shots. One slightly damp patch, both sides, then a completely dry patch.
Same for cleaning, except sometimes I'll use Montana Extreme BH209 cleaner. For my brake its always Windex for cleaning.

Latest posts

Back