Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shout out to Angela at Walmart in Madison, IN! My inlaws got their hands on a pound of Blackhorn 209 for me. It just arrived today and she went out of her way to dig it up for us before it hit the shelves. I will have some to shoot this winter when they fly (drive) south.
a POUND???

I also did some sypherin..

These are some recent online prices which don't include shipping or hazmat fees, but do include the Michigan state snatch, or should I say grab, at 6%
Walmart ~ 3 weeks ago: $4.88/ounce
Walmart now: $6.89/ounce
Hodgdon now: $6.42/ounce
Midway now (listed): $5.82/ounce
Brownell's (listed): $7.68/ounce
Powder Valley (listed): $6.43/ounce
Graf & Sons (listed): $6.36/ounce
Midsouth Shooter's Supply (listed): $5.20/ounce
Sportsman's Warehouse (listed): $6.49/ounce
Cabela's (listed): I hope they at least kiss me when they're finished at $8.61/ounce
Natchez Shooter's Supply (listed): $5.29/ounce
Reloading Unlimited is confusing, 2 different prices listed for same size bottles

Some of these listings were based on 10 ounce bottles, instead of the more common 8s

Others?

For those of us who grew up through the 60s and 70s, how do we calculate the price per 'lid'. I'm going into business..

I just received a recent order from MidwayUSA listed as 10 but shipping 8's. More like 6.88 per ounce before your adjustment for state tax. This can be misleading because the Hazmat fees are all over the place too.

Kind of the same thing that happened to me at the Kendallville,In.Wal-Mart.I called to see if they had any in stock and then clerk said they had not put it on the shelf yet.I politely asked her to put 2 containers back with my name on it and that the price was under $36.00.When I got there they were still in the box they came off the truck in.There are still good people out there willing to help.

That’s a good deal. Our local Walmart has it on the shelf but it’s $52 for the eight ounce.

I just got a Brickseek notice for BH 209. There are now a Wallymart in town on both sides of mine with it in stock 6+ it says with a price change notice from 36.86 to now - 52.00 per 8oz. I'm so glad that I was able to order a few of the 10oz bottles earlier this yr. 104.00 per 1lb of powder is enough to give me one hellova Tourettes outburst so I'm gonna stop typing now.

Last edited:
michiganmuzzy said:
Just saw the bh209 at my malwart for $52 where it was $36.86 just a few days ago. Looks like it was an unadvertised sale price that has ended?

I believe michiganmuzzy is Correct if you were Fortunate to get the 1st (5) bottle Shipment sent to the Store they were the $36.86 & the Following (5) bottle Shipment was raised to $52??? 😡

So you cleaned out more than one! What a man

Nope, but I must be smarter than many. Fool me once........... After the first shortage with obummer, I made sure it wouldn't happen again.

Because it seems to matter to you, I received 10 more bottles from PowderValley, 10oz each not shown.

I'll make you a deal.............. I'll sell you an 5oz for $529.99, pick up only.

By the way, IIRC I'm the member who posted brickseek on the site so others could find theirs at Wal-Mart. You must have missed it. Post #86 here too!

NOTE: I'VE ALSO BEEN TELLING THE 'GOOD FOLKS' HERE, THAT IT WON'T BE LONG AND T7 WILL BECOME A SHORTAGE AND MORE EXPENSIVE.

1670193771259.jpeg

And thanks to Encore I found it at 4 Wallworlds for that 36$ per bottle and got it all. That's a lifetime supply for me and a pretty good supply for one daughter 2 son-in-laws and 4 grand boys. And it will cost them nothing!!
Thanks again Encore!

THANKS, Great Info, just plug in your Zip Code! 👍
Last year I had the Guy at my Local Walmart print me out the BH 209 Barcode Sticker & periodically check the inventory by scanning it into the Walmart App on my phone. 😎

Odd that Lot # 42 was Manufactured in January & is just Now being Distributed.
THANKS, Great Info, just plug in your Zip Code! 👍
Last year I had the Guy at my Local Walmart print me out the BH 209 Barcode Sticker & periodically check the inventory by scanning it into the Walmart App on my phone. 😎

Odd that Lot # 42 was Manufactured in January & is just Now

Latest posts

Back