Blackhorn 209 worth 4-7 times

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are using it because it requires less cleaning it seems to me you would do the opposite. You will have more shots down range at the range. Usually only one or two hunting.
Also, I would hunt what I practice. Maybe its just me.
Its not less cleaning inbetween sessios for me, its about not having to swab every shot. With black horn i can shoot 20 shots and never need to swab, still able to push the sabot down the barrel pretty easily. With T7 pellets if i didnt swab by the 3rd or 4th shot, the bullet would get stuck as soon as i hit the crud ring/ couldnt seat the bullet. Which meant taking out the breachplug and pushing the bullet back out. Them thouroughly cleaning the barrel at the range. Im not a fan of that sort of maintenance. Having said that im almost out of bh and having a hard time stomaching the cost of a new bottle. I did pick up a bottle of T7 powder but havent brought myself to shooting it yet. Probably end up buying another bottle of bh for hunting since thats where my confidence lies. Save the T7 for cheap plinking.

While I no longer use it, if someone wanted to shoot without having to swab between shots, with no crud ring and is the cheapest black powder to shoot, you should try Pryodex P. It was always very accurate with my white ml's and at the time was the powder of choice that Doc recommended at the time before 777 and others. What I didn't like about it that it left an oily residue in the bbls and breech area. The breech area for me was a pain to clean in the White's breech area at least for me. But as far as accuracy and being able to shoot numerous shots without having to swab was great.

Back